About This Role
- Responsible for receiving, storing, assembling, packing and/or unpacking of goods as well as delivering/issuing goods from the store.
- To also perform a variety of routine warehouse duties involving the receiving, unloading, inventory, storing, movement and distribution of goods and materials at the warehouse
- Actively demonstrate the Newmont values of Safety, Integrity, Sustainability, Inclusion and responsibility at all times.
In This Role You Will
Safety and Compliance
- Adhere and comply with all stipulated Warehousing and Materials control regulations.
- Ensure all warehouse operations are in compliance with safety requirements promoting the company’s safety culture.
- Ensure a clean and tidy workspace is kept at all times.
- Maintains receipts, records, and stores withdrawals.
- Files and distributes required documents according to procedures
- Checks materials and supplies and reports when stock is low.
- Conducts stock counts as per procedures.
Stock Receipt and Issue
- Receives and unpacks materials and supplies.
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment such as forklifts, Telehandler and Reach stacker efficiently.
- Possess a Ghanaian valid driver’s license class E
- Supervises the packing away of receipted goods.
- Issues goods according to procedures.
- Works at the Ahafo / Akyem mine
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
- Senior High School Leaving Certificate with Mathematics and English.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning.
- Supply Chain functional knowledge.
- Knowledge of P2P transactional processes.
- ERP/EAP System knowledge.
- Mining business acumen.
- Warehouse Management
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in warehousing.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic understanding of warehouse inventory control systems.
- Good Writing Skills
- Customer focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Results driven
- Work Under Pressure.