IntraHealth International is currently seeking a Chief of Party for an upcoming Ghana Health Program project that aims to increase access, utilization and quality of maternal and child health, family planning, malaria, and nutrition services to reduce preventable maternal, newborn, and child deaths in northern Ghana.
The Chief of Party (COP) provides overall leadership and management as well as strategic guidance and vision to all partners and project staff. The COP will oversee all aspects of the project with a particular focus on the technical integrity of project design, implementation and monitoring, which they will ensure by working closely with and supervising senior project staff. They will ensure that there is strong collaboration and effective communication with donors, implementing partners, and local counterparts. The COP is responsible for meeting contractual obligations, producing deliverables and targets, and achieving project results as specified by the donor, in full compliance with IntraHealth policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations. The COP is the principal liaison with the donor, partner organizations, Ministry of Health (MOH), and other key stakeholders. Local Ghanaian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provides overall program vision with technical and strategic leadership to achieve financial and contractual accountability and program results.
- Represents the program and IntraHealth with the donor, implementing partners and stakeholders.
- Negotiates social services protection advocacy and policy level discussions with national and county government stakeholders including the MOH, Ghana Health Service, teaching hospital, local organizations and other donors and stakeholders.
- Directs the launch and implementation of the project, supervising a team of technical professionals.
- Monitors program activities and progress related to impact and sustainability of innovative interventions.
- Ensures that data required for demonstrating program impact and lessons learned are collected, analyzed and integrated into program monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Ensures high quality results through effective teamwork and routine program reviews leading the implementation of the strategy and work plans.
- Ensures program activities comply with donor and IntraHealth rules and regulations
- Ensures prudent financial management of donor approved budget, and oversees all budget revisions, including the execution and monitoring of partner sub-agreements.
- Leads the submission of program reports and other deliverables with Donor, in coordination with IntraHealth headquarters, as well as the external dissemination of program results.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, Public Administration, International Development, or related discipline
- At least 10 years of professional experience at a senior level, with a minimum of five years managing and implementing international programs including providing technical leadership and strong project management.
- Significant experience in several of the following areas: family planning, reproductive health, child health, nutrition, maternal and newborn health, HIV/AIDS, adolescent and youth sexual reproductive health, malaria, community mobilization and behavior change, gender mainstreaming, and health system strengthening.
- Demonstrated ability in leading and managing complex multi-sectorial projects applying strong diplomacy and consensus building skills.
- Ability to liaise, advocate and negotiate with donors, implementing partners, multiple stakeholders and host country government
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities, manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English required.
Ability to travel 25-35% within the country and periodic international trip.