At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About the role
We are extremely excited to announce that we are on the lookout for a dedicated Operator – MMU for our Africa North business. The role will be reporting to the Lead – Operations Support and will include regular travels to our Africa operations.
The primary purpose of this critical role is to provides you will be specifically trained and supported to perform duties within our blast crew, and to eventually operate an MMU (Mobile Manufacturing Unit). An MMU is a highly advanced Heavy Rigid vehicle fitted with latest technologies and onboard computer systems ad is used to pump explosive products into pre-drilled blast holes on our customer quarry sites.
What you will be doing
- Demonstrating and setting the example of our key company value: “Safety is our Priority, always” at all times acting with integrity and respect;
- Providing all outside labour intensive work involved in the preparing and loading of Quarry blast patterns;
- Operating our MMU vehicle (Mobile Manufacturing Units) and other associated blasting plant and machinery; Assisting with preventative maintenance;
- Working in tight unison with your teammates;
- Assist with the ‘hands-on’ delivery of explosive products down pre-drilled blast holes on bench;
- Providing an excellence in service to our valued customers;
- Daily administration and customer interactions when required.
What you will bring
- A current Heavy Rigid (HR) drivers’ licence is essential;
- Demonstrated work history performing physical work outside, in all weather conditions;
- Ability to pass all required security checks in which to obtain a Dangerous Goods licence;
- An excellent, positive and team-based attitude where you look out for your mates;
- A basic mechanical comprehension is advantageous, but not essential.
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.