Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers. The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
Our graduate talent program gives local youth the necessary skills for employment in the field of instant logistics. Subsequently, successful Graduate Trainees are empowered to apply their acquired skills in the local and international job market.
Does creating and maintaining meaningful relationships with multiple layers of stakeholders within local communities come natural to you? Are you a natural communicator who is able to use the power of storytelling to sell the impact of project activities to create positive long lasting partnerships across different stakeholder groups? At Zipline, your work will result in the creation of community legacies and impacts, with customers and stakeholders counting on you everyday, so there is no time for ambiguous communication or aiming low. If building rapport with external stakeholders, helping internal teams better live and represent Zipline’s cherished values and leveraging your technical skills to build and maintain mutually beneficial long lasting stakeholder relationships match your experience and interests, READ ON!
Zipline believes access to medical care should not depend on your GPS coordinates. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies on 3 continents around the world right now, 7 days a week. Are you interested in supporting the team and a system that 200 million people will depend on with their lives?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support the community team in creating awareness of Zipline’s service in the communities we serve through running community events, conducting community visits, hosting visits at our site, and more
- Assist the community team in building and maintaining strong relationships with community champions
- Assist the community team with their daily tasks and responsibilities; coordinating tours, blood drives, STEM events etc.
- Create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all Zipliners
- Support community activities in the distribution center
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Diploma or HND/Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Social Work, Community Development or any related field
- You have prior training or experience working with people and communities on programs (candidates with volunteering experience are encouraged to apply)
- You can communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) and are comfortable speaking in front of large groups and have experience building strong and high-trust relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders
- You are detail-oriented and have experience organizing successful in-person events for large groups
- You have the grit, resourcefulness, and resilience to thrive in novel, uncertain and constantly-changing business and regulatory environments
- You believe deeply that access matters and that we can and will provide access to essential medical supplies for every person on the planet
- You need to speak proficient English
- Must be eligible for National Service for the 2023/2024 year
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
We have received reports stating that certain individuals are reaching out to people under false pretenses, claiming to be Zipline employees, affiliates, agents, or representatives. They may seek to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on Zipline’s behalf.
Genuine Zipline employees or representatives will never ask you for money or payment in exchange for employment opportunities or other related services. Any such offer of employment or any other service in exchange for fees that claims to be from us is deceitful and part of a fraud.
If you believe you have been targeted by a fraudulent party, we ask that you immediately get in touch with us via email at sec[email protected] upon receiving a suspicious offer or claim.