Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To provide an efficient tools management service for the process maintenance team to achieve effective maintenance repairs and identification and replacement of defective tools.
- Daily issuing of tools and portable hand machines
- Manage and arrange tool store.
- Ensure that tools checked out from tool store are returned.
- Ensure tools are issued clean, safe to use and in an acceptable state to use.
- Ensure that consumables stocked in tool store are replenished as needed.
- Ensure tool containers are kept clean and organized.
- Periodic and proper accountability of tools to Workshop supervisor.
- Ensure that tools and PPE attrition rates are held to acceptable levels.
- Issue PPE items to employees. Do not issue replacement items unless it is exchange for non-usable
- Ensure that waste generated is segregated and disposed of as required. To manage the safe operation of all tool room equipment including i.e. presses, surface grinders, power hand tools and safety gadgets/equipment etc.
- Repair or arrange to have repaired damaged or worn tools, discard tools that are not feasible to repair and report to supervisor.
Training & Experience
- Any technical and vocational Trade Certificate
- Knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in mechanical engineering field.
- Ability to identify tools
- Computer literate.
- Have good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi task.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and strong, dedicated work ethics.
- Knowledge of ISO procedures – relevant to department
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to work in confined spaces and will be exposed to extreme vibration.
- Work environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment with hazardous materials and potentially harmful/dangerous machinery and equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to noise more than 85 decibels, and to fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc. The incumbent will regularly lift heavy materials and / or operate heavy machinery.
- Protective equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.