County Hospital is inviting applications from qualified persons to fill Medical Officer positions. The successful candidates shall be responsible to Hospital’s Medical Director
- Be part of a team of medical officers, specialists, physician assistants in the daily in-patient and out-patient management.
- Conduct and participate in ward rounds, hand-over rounds and clinical meetings
- Prepare doctors notes, discharge notes and appropriate medico legal documentation
- Perform and assist surgical operations and clinical procedures within identified competency
- Liaise with and provide leadership to relevant departments in ensuring optimum care to clients patients
- Provides support and information to patients and relatives as and when necessary
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Be actively involved in the issues of infection prevention and control.
- Ensures compliance with the hospital and departmental policies and procedures by team members
- Be available to work at the hospital’s subsidiary facilities
- Other ad hoc assignments
Qualification Required & Experience
- MB ChB or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years post housemanship
- Fully valid License to practice in Ghana with the Medical and Dental Council
- Previous work in a district hospital or private hospital is an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Professional Demeanor
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong communication skill
- Basic surgical skills
- Report writing and presentation skill
GH₵6000/Month + applicable allowances