Flowminder is a non-profit foundation that specialises in the analysis of anonymised mobile phone data, satellite imagery, and household survey data for humanitarian and international development purposes.
Our mission is to develop and operationalise new methods and data sources to support decision makers, improve operational efficiency and deliver services in low and middle-income countries.
We’re currently seeking an IT Security and Auditing Consultant to work at our partner offices Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) in Accra for a short-term contract lasting approximately three months.
As the IT Security and Auditing Consultant, you will assess the current status of Ghana Statistical Service’s data management and information security systems and practices.
This will include, but not be limited to, an assessment of:
- IT security infrastructure (physical security, as well as firewall, endpoint, and server security)
- Standards for handling data whilst in transit, at rest, and in use
- The data backup regime
- The IT response plan for data that is leaked, lost, or stolen
- Compliance with internationally recognised best practices
You will produce a detailed written report describing the status of GSS’s data management and information security systems and practices. The report will also include recommendations for improvements, together with draft work plans, and time and cost estimates for the recommended improvements.
To join us as our IT Security and Auditing Consultant, you will need experience of the following:
- Conducting IT audits
- Designing and implementing new IT security processes and standards within a large organisation
- Designing and implementing new data management processes and standards within a large organisation
- Creating IT disaster recovery plans and continuity plans, including contingency and crisis management plans
- Assessing results of penetration testing and making the necessary changes to ensure a high level of security
- Administering firewalls and network security
Familiarity with the following is also essential:
- Enterprise network architecture and security
- International standards, such as ISO27K
- Information risk security principles
- Ghanaian data protection regulations, and data protection best practices in general
Other organisations may call this role IT Consultant, Cyber Security Consultant, IT Security Auditor, IT Security Specialist, or Cyber Security Engineer.
- Competitive day rate
- Enhance your experience with a leading not-for-profit
- Support work that will improve the lives of the world’s most vulnerable
So, if you’re seeking your next opportunity as an IT Security and Auditing Consultant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.