The Data Analysis, Management and Visualization Specialist will be responsible for the effective application of data analytical, management, interpretation and visualization tools to transform and communicate facts and trends of information from projects and programmes with World Vision Ghana’s internal and external stakeholders.
Core responsibilities of this position will be to: retrieve and gather relevant quantitative and qualitative data; organize, analyze and present the data and information in ways and formats that facilitates stakeholders to reach meaningful conclusions for effective decision making; and produce high quality data presentations with informatics and visualizations to support evidence-based reporting and communication of organizational work and performance.
The Data Analysis, Management and Visualization Specialist will report to the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and provide technical support to the Programme Effective team and other departments and units within the National Office (NO) on matters relating to data analysis and visualization as well as giving GIS support. The role will coordinate with the Programme Monitoring, and Evaluation Manager as well as the Knowledge Management Manager in the delivery of the outlined tasks.
The position will also ensure the maximum utilization of the World Vision International (WVI) Partnership approved data analysis and visualization tools (and those adapted for use in NO context) through capacity building for staff and partners to enhance achievement of the NO Strategic goal and objectives.
The Data Analysis, Management and Visualization Specialist will be expected to communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Development of Data Analytical and Visualization Frameworks and Tools
- Facilitate the processes for the development and review of NO Data Analysis, Data Visualization and Data Management systems, frameworks and tools.
- Support the development, review and adaptation of mobile phone M&E system frameworks and tools for data collection and management
- Ensure the acquisition of appropriate Data Analysis and Visualization tools (softwares, devices etc.), ensuring compliance with organizational policies, standards and specifications.
- Facilitate identification of relevant emerging Data Analytical and Visualization tools/systems for adaptation/integration and scale-up in the NO (e.g., PowerBI, DoForms, Mwater, Google Studio, Tableau, etc).
- Support to manage data entries/uploads, updates, data quality assessments/audits (DQA) and reviews in WVI MIS systems such as Horizon, and National Office platforms such as output trackers; and lead the development of other databases and data management systems as needed by the National Office.
Ensure effective Data Analysis & Visualization for evidence building, decision-making and communication with all stakeholders
- Work with relevant stakeholders in collating/retrieving relevant data from internal and external sources for analysis.
- Conduct analysis of data using relevant tools such as STATA, R software, SPSS, Advanced Excel, Nvivo, and presentation of programme/project data and reports.
- Present data and information in different formats as and when needed (graphs, tables, charts and multimedia presentations etc.) to facilitate effective communication with target audience.
- Utilize appropriate data visualization tools (e.g., PowerBI, Infographics, Google Studio, Tableau) to graphs, infographics and other methods to presents data and information-based purpose of intended communication and intended audience.
- Produce accompanying user guidance for detailed, high-quality data visualization outputs (digital and hardcopy) in accordance with organizational standards and specific donor requirements.
- Perform data mining tasks and identify major trends for predictive or forecasting purposes.
- Contribute during compilation of reports for internal and external stakeholders (Support Offices, Donors, World Vision Ghana Board, Senior Leadership Team etc.)
- Support the capturing of lessons learned and best practices, ensuring standardized methodologies and alignment with WVI KM systems and processes
- Support Grant and PNS acquisition and management in the NO with relevant data and information.
Support to Manage GIS Systems and ensure applications of GIS for evidence building and CWB reporting
- Support and eventually take responsible for setup of all GIS platforms
- Support to implement GIS data collection for all sectors relating to global schema; provide assistance to all Area Programmes, Grant and PNS Projects on data collection, review and entry in the Horizon GIS Field monitoring system and any other mobile monitoring system used.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data entered in the Horizon-GIS and other relevant GIS databases; correct any errors.
- Provide quality control with regard to data capture (data conversion), the evaluation of data acquired from outside of the National Office (data standard) and geospatial database development.
- Compile, manipulate, and refine geographic data from a variety of sources including public domain, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps
- Carry out data analysis using tools ArcGIS Applications (ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online), Horizon GIS and other relevant GIS tools and producing GIS outputs that will be used to inform programing decisions.
- Produce detailed, high-quality cartographic products (digital and hardcopy) and accompanying reports in accordance with technical guidelines and needs
- Facilitate effective use of Horizon GIS for monitoring and CWB reporting
- Utilize GIS and mobile monitoring techniques to provide a better understanding of certain variables in a given geographic location.
Technical Support and Capacity building
- Recommending and, where appropriate, develop Data Analytics and Management related training programmes.
- Build the capacity of NO Staff in the usage of Data Analysis, Data Visualization and GIS tools and systems.
- Prepare and contribute to development of presentations (including PowerPoint Presentations) for engagement with stakeholders.
- Lead in analyzing data related workflows and the assigning or scheduling of work to meet priorities and goals.
- Serve as the NO Contact Person on Data Analysis, Data Visualization and GIS matters.
- Provide support to WV partners (including communities and Government institutions) on issues relating to Data analytics, data management and GIS.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematical Sciences, Statistics, Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Technology (IT) or Social Sciences or related field with subjects/courses of study in Statistics, Mathematics, Information Science and Geographic Information Science.
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Post-Graduate certification in Data Analytics, MIS, and GIS is an advantage.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in Data Analytics positions or related field.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong data processing, analysis, management and visualization skills
- Strong/advanced knowledge, skills and experience in using data analysis and visualisation softwares and tools, such as STATA, R, Advanced SPSS and Excel, PowerBI, Tableau, Google Studio, Infographics, etc.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Experience with translating complex technical concepts and simplifying information for mass consumption and usage to a broad international audience.
- Experience with translating data into information and analysis that communicates an easily understood concept or message.
- Proven ability to cultivate and maintain strong interpersonal and working relationships in a dispersed national/international context.
- Experience working in a large international organization and communicating cross-culturally.
- Membership in a professional association, or willingness to obtain within 1 year.
- Professional or academic education in Statistics, Mathematics, Information Science and Geographic Information Science or related fields.
- Experience with working in Data Analysis and Visualization team(s) in a large international organization.
- Education or experience related to Statistics, Mathematics, GIS and Information Science.
- Background or experience with communications and/or technical writing.
- Experience and demonstrated success working with and engaging stakeholders at all levels.
Preferred: Masters in Mathematical Sciences and MIS
- Office based with frequent travel to the field
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 20% of the time.
- On call