We are seeking a skillful Software Engineer (Android) who implements software of various types in line with the company’s goals. You will be working to enhance the Payments and Commerce products to bring additional value and better customer experience to our customers. You must have at least 2 years of cumulative experience and have a strong portfolio of previous work. You may apply if you do not have the required experience but have the required skills.
- Design and build software in line with the company’s objectives
- Maintain software by fixing bugs and performance issues identified
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and implement new features
- Develop requirements and specifications
- Document software implementation approach
- Experience with Native android development using Java or Kotlin (Kotlin is preferred)
- Experience with Android Architecture Components.
- Experience publishing your own apps on Google Play Store or have worked on a team that has done so.
- Excellent problem-solving, research and debugging skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision within a team to achieve various company objectives
- Tertiary certificate, or Degree in Computer Science or an allied field
- Ability to work effectively in a highly complex, diverse, changing environment.
- Adapts well to and is energized by change whilst maintaining focus on key business goals and personal objectives
- Ability to think strategically and apply principles in day to day functioning
- Candidate should be driven to meet deadlines and with output at a high quality