The Agronomist will conduct research and field checks, take samples and make observations, perform tests, and identify and solve problems related to plant or soil nutrition, damage from insects or wildlife, weather or climate changes, or the use of specialized products. Using this information, you will also help farmers develop techniques to increase crop quality and yield.
- Actively promote AMG’s product capabilities to increase client penetration
- Develop and implement strategies for cross and up-selling products to increase revenue
- Assist in identifying, conceptualizing and developing new products and services consistent with market trends to meet customer requirements
- Prepare and submit periodic sales forecast and progress reports for management decision making
- Ensure the accomplishment of the monthly and yearly sales targets of the direct sales channel
- Provide presence for AMG’s crop nutrition programs at wholesale, retail, local level as well as at farm level
- Maintain and populate a database to capture market knowledge and relevance of crop solutions
- Be able to study plants and soil in order to develop better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improve crop yield, and solve problems facing the agriculture industry.
- Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
- Promoting products and techniques through educational presentations.
- Managing teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
Qualification and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or General Agriculture or related field
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar role and industries
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Sales and presentation skills are also a major plus.
- You should also be a good driver, with a valid driving license
Interested persons should send a cover letter indicating the position being applied for, their curriculum vitae (CVs) and copies of their certificates including email and telephone numbers of two referees to: